We work well with our clients because our relationships are based on honesty and trust, but all work needs guidance in the form of terms and conditions.
Here are ours; it’s important that you know what we charge for and why we charge it, charges you might incur for additional work, our payment terms; how we work and the stages needed to bring each project to its final conclusion.
If you have any questions, please do ask immediately.
Agency Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of quotation and payment of deposit will be taken as acceptance of the following terms and conditions. Please ensure you have read and fully understand what is written below. Please contact us if anything is not clear to you.
1) All costs provided include VAT @20% where applicable and are valid for thirty days from the date of the quotation.
2) The costs provided when quoting are guide prices based upon what we anticipate the creative, time and production requirements to be based on previous experience and on typical processes, plus client co-operation in provision of content, meeting deadlines and approval. Within reason, additional charges may be payable if there are significant variations to this, although the client would be made aware of this well in advance. Charges are unlikely to deviate from those quoted unless requirements change significantly.
3) No creative or development work will commence until All Saints Design Limited has received written approval of the quotation (by email) and a minimum deposit of 50% of the agreed costs (unless otherwise agreed in writing). This ensures that All Saints Design Limited is fully equipped to provide the very highest levels of service and expertise, from project inception through to completion. This also applies if a project is delivered in ‘stages’, whereby a deposit will be required before proceeding to each new stage.
4) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the balance of payment will be due in full on project completion (e.g. on delivery of printed items, publishing of website, sending of e-shot etc): failure to make final payment at this point may result in delays in project delivery.
5) If a quotation has been provided where a job will be approached in ‘stages’, each stage will need to be paid in full on completion of each stage, before All Saints Design Limited is able to progress to the next stage. Where a job has been quoted in two halves (initial 50% deposit and final 50% balance) the balance of payment may be charged in full either on completion of the project or over a number of further staged payments at the discretion of All Saints Design Limited.
6) If any project exceeds the estimated timeline agreed or extends beyond twelve weeks from approval of quotation (whichever occurs first), All Saints Design Limited reserves the right to invoice 25% of any outstanding balance, with the remaining 25% payable on completion.
7) Any printing, fulfilment, mailing or third-party services that are provided by All Saints Design Limited will require a minimum up-front payment of 70% (possibly higher in relation to value) of the agreed cost (this figure will be at the discretion of All Saints Design Limited and may in some cases be as much as 100%). Please note that All Saints Design Limited will be unable to proceed to this stage without receipt of or proof of this payment.
8) Unless otherwise stated above or previously agreed in writing, all invoices are due within seven days of any invoice date. Please note points number 3, 4, 5 and 7 above and how this could have an impact on time scales.
9) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, work will usually commence within ten working days of deposit receipt. Any anticipated completion date provided by All Saints Design Limited is subject to options chosen and client co-operation in provision of information, resource (logos, images etc) and approval. All Saints Design Limited will do its very best to ensure that agreed timelines are adhered to, but please be aware that circumstances, amends requested, or additional requirements may potentially result in delays. Timelines provided are estimated but All Saints Design Limited will not be held liable if the project over-runs due to delays caused by the client passing information or approval, or any third party issues or force majeure (act of God).
10) Costs provided allow for up to three sets of reasonable client amends after which time additional charges may become payable, although the client would be made aware of this in advance.
11) At the end of each stage of the process (including – but not limited to – before sending an item to print or publishing a website etc) the client will need to sign-off their approval by email. No further development can be undertaken until All Saints Design Limited is in receipt of written approval confirmation. Any amends to work after signed approved may incur additional charges for further time spent, although the client would be made aware of this in advance.
All Saints Design Limited require that a web template(s) is approved by the customer before coding of a site commences. Once the template(s) for the web site are approved by the customer, coding will commence; any changes to navigation items, colours, structure or content that require changes to the template will incur an additional charge.
Once web design is complete, All Saints Design Limited will provide the customer with the opportunity to review the resulting work. All Saints Design Limited will make one set of minor changes at no extra cost within 14 days of the start of the review period. Minor changes include small textual changes and small adjustments to placement of items on the page. It does not include changes to images, colour schemes or any navigation features. Any minor changes can be notified to All Saints Design Limited by e-mail. If no notification of changes is received in writing from the customer, within 14 days of the start of the review period, All Saints Design Limited will consider that the client is happy with finished project.
12) Costs provided allow for occasional meetings at key stages for a reasonable length of time between All Saints Design Limited and client. Some meetings may incur additional charges for time spent, although the client would be made aware of this in advance.
13) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, projects are subject to a ‘standard disbursement charge’ to cover anticipated costs for in-house colour printing, travel, postage etc. These will also be itemised in the estimates.
14) Unless otherwise specified, costs quoted exclude the following where relevant: VAT; print; commissioned illustration, photography or stock images; image retouching; image scanning; copywriting; postage/couriers, in-house colour print-outs and travel exceeding that allocated within the ‘standard disbursement charge’ above.
15) It is assumed that unless otherwise stated, most copy and images will be provided by the client. All Saints Design Limited is able to provide illustration and photography at an additional cost if required. Purchased royalty free stock images from our standard sources (if required) will generally be priced at between £6 and £10 plus source time plus VAT per image.
16) All Saints Design Limited recommends that clients use our preferred suppliers for print and is able to provide competitive quotations to ensure high quality and service is maintained until delivery of the final product. We always seek a number of quotations from our trusted print suppliers and provide a complete management service: from print sourcing to print-liaison. Although clients are not contract-bound to use All Saints Design Limited to provide this service, it is highly recommended for quality control and peace of mind. If a client prefers to use their own print supplier, All Saints Design Limited will simply provide artwork directly to the client to manage and forward, and will be unable to monitor, advise or take any responsibility for the process or final output.
17) In addition to print suppliers, All Saints Design Limited works closely with sign manufacturers and installers, photographers, illustrators, film makers, interior designers and other relevant partners to provide an extensive high-quality service offering beyond immediate in-house capabilities.
18) Clients should be aware that due to a variety of factors there will often be variance in colours shown between in-house proofs, colours on screen, printer’s proofs, and final printed items. These factors are determined by the source of the print or visual (each output source e.g. All Saints Design Limited printer, the client’s printer, the image setter, the monitor etc will differ from the other), the types of inks or makeup of colours (even Pantone colours can vary significantly and often surprisingly depending on what stock or substrate they are printed on), the type of print process (short-run digital, longer-run litho printing), the substrate (paper, card, plastic etc) used, individual preferences (ambient light, personal computer settings etc) and several other reasons. As a result of this All Saints Design Limited is unable to guarantee 100% consistency and accuracy of colour on all items and may not always be able to achieve the exact result expected by the client. In the case of printed items, the only true guide as to what is likely to be produced, is to request a ‘wet-proof’ on the actual intended substrate with the actual inks to be used, although this will incur additional cost. However as long as the client accepts there may be inconsistencies across work produced, this step may not be necessary. All Saints Design Limited does not accept any responsibility for colour variations as a result of these indeterminate factors.
19) All Saints Design Limited will never knowingly infringe any copyright or trademark and will deliver, to the best of knowledge, creative solutions that are original and unique to All Saints Design Limited. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that no copyright or trademark has been infringed and to make their own application for copyright or trademark with the ‘UK Intellectual Property Office’ if required.
20) If requested, All Saints Design Limited will (at its discretion) provide the client with end artwork in its final form (e.g. print-ready PDF; DVD master; outlined EPS file etc). However, All Saints Design Limited does not by default provide clients with original artwork or HTML code (for example an InDesign file, layered Photoshop file or HTML source file) or any working or development files, rejected concepts and designs, images or documents generated throughout the project. Ownership and copyright of all unused or rejected files, documents and designs will reside with All Saints Design Limited for non-exclusive future use. All Saints Design Limited will not supply fonts under any circumstances.
Any requests for archived client work will always incur a charge for retrieval, preparation and dispatch.
21) All Saints Design Limited will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for our personal benefit or divulge, disclose or communicate in any manner any information that is proprietary to the client. We will act reasonably to protect such information and treat it as strictly confidential.
22) The client agrees to alert All Saints Design Limited in writing to any defects or problems in relation to work and services provided, within 14 days of the final invoice date. All Saints Design Limited will not be liable for any claims made after this period.
23) Appropriate credit and acknowledgment for work produced by All Saints Design Limited should be attributed to All Saints Design Limited where possible (for instance written in small text on the back of a printed item or at the bottom of a website) and may be referenced for All Saints Design Limited’s promotional purposes unless otherwise (in exceptional circumstances) prearranged with the client.